1.10.12

the works

This past weekend, Joe and I stuffed our faces at the new-ish (to Toronto) burger chain, The Works
Instead of regular glasses, the sodas come in measuring cups. 
Our waitress pointed out that all of the burgers are made to order, so they take about twenty minutes to cook. We decided to get started with their Tower-O-Rings, a big, crispy stack of onion rings that come with your choice of two dipping sauces. We went with the Beechhouse (a creamy veggie and garlic mayo) and the Hotter Than Hell (not really that hot, but still delicious). I was real happy with these crunchy, non-greasy rings.
For burgers, Joe chose the BT Breakfast Burger topped with mayo, a fried egg, tomato, cheddar and bacon.  
I got the Beach Boardwalk Burger topped with an onion ring, Beechhouse sauce, brie, havarti and gouda. It was huge. I ate about half before calling it quits. I also got the spicy die-cut chips (not spicy at all) as my side—they were awesome dipped in even more of that Beechhouse sauce. 
Was this a good burger? I would say yes. It was juicy and hearty. Considering I could barely move after this meal, next time I'd probably split a burger rather than attempt to eat a whole one on my own. Plus, then maybe I'd have room for their deep-fried dill pickles. This city needs more deep-fried pickles.

The Works
888 Danforth Ave.

2 comments:

  1. Apparently there's a Works in Guelph now in one of the spaces downtown that has been so many different restaurants/pubs I can't recall what a single one of them was called. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, my bro was the one who told me that they had awesome burgers!

    ReplyDelete