23.7.12

just wingin' it

A mad craving for buffalo wings made this dinner happen. For some reason I feel like as long as everything is homemade, an indulgent pub-style meal is ok every once in a while—at least that's what I tell myself so that I don't feel so guilty.
For the buffalo wing sauce (enough for about 3 lbs of wings):
4 tbsp butter
1/2 C Frank's Red Hot sauce
2 tbsp hot sauce (I use Cholula)
1 tbsp brown sugar
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp cayenne

Melt butter in a pot then whisk in remaining ingredients. Keep warm while you fry your wings (I deep fry my wings until crispy before dumping them in the sauce. I'm sure you could also bake your wings, but they probably won't be as crispy.)
For the  blue cheese dip (makes about a cup):
1/2 C crumbled blue cheese
3 tbsp buttermilk
6 tbsp sour cream
4 tbsp mayonnaise
1/4 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp red wine vinegar
salt & pepper to taste

Mix blue cheese and buttermilk until it resembles cottage cheese. Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Let chill for half an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment