1.12.11

easy as quiche

Whenever I have a bunch of bits and pieces sitting in my fridge, I make quiche. Everything gets mixed up with some eggs and cream and poured into a blind-baked pastry shell. This time I used caramelized onions, sundried tomatoes, goat's cheese and bacon.
For the dough, I use this recipe from Mastering the Art of French Cooking by Julia Child.

For the filling:

2 eggs + 2 egg yolks
2/3 C heavy cream
1/4 C chopped sundried tomatoes
5 strips of cooked bacon, chopped
1/2 C caramelized onions
1/4 C goat's cheese
salt & pepper to taste

1. Whisk together the eggs and cream. Add in the rest of the ingredients. Season to taste.


2. Pour into a blind-baked tart shell and bake at 375 degrees for about 30 minutes or until the filling is just set.

2 comments:

  1. Wow this looks good. I wouldn't have paired sun dried tomatoes w caramelized onions, was it tasty?

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was super tasty! the sweetness of the onions seemed to balance out all the savoury flavours going on.

    ReplyDelete