21.9.11

tacos!

Have you seen the latest issue of b.a.h magazine? I made tacos. Slow-roasted pork tacos with peach salsa and quick-pickled shallots. They are seriously good. I made them again this past weekend.

This time I pickled thinly-sliced red onion instead of shallots. I love their bright fuschia colour.
My favourite place to get fresh corn tortillas is La Tortilleria in Kensington Market. Made fresh daily, the tortillas are still warm when they're handed to you and only cost $1.99 for half a kilo.

3 comments:

  1. I saw your tacos on b.a.h. and was drooling! They looked so good, as they do here. Must make these very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luke would be drooling if he was awake to show these to him. Amazing! LOVE that it's not your typical cheddar, diced tomato onion and salsa.

    ReplyDelete