8.9.11

nectarine crisp

I bought a basket of nectarines recently and they ripened so fast that I couldn't eat them all. I know some people put stone fruits in the fridge to slow down the ripening process, but I find this turns the fruit mealy. Yuck. Now, my favourite thing to do with an abundance of perfectly ripe nectarines (or peaches for that matter)? Make nectarine crisp. 
filling:
6 ripe nectarines, sliced
1 tbsp cornstarch
1 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon

topping:

1 C flour
1 C oats
3/4 C brown sugar
1/2 C cold butter, cubed

1. Mix filling together and place in baking vessels.

2. Make topping by mixing together flour, sugar and oats. Cut in the butter until the mixture is crumbly (there should be chunks). Spread over fruit.

3. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes. Let cool for at least 30 minutes before eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment